Thank you for your interest in the Fox Valley Family Medicine Residency Program. Please see below for details on how to apply and eligibility requirements.
NRMP Match Code : 1784120C4
NMS Match Code: 71593
Please apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The following documents are required and can be submitted through ERAS:
- Personal statement
- MyERAS Application Form
- Three letters of recommendation
- Medical school transcript
- Medical school performance evaluation (Dean's letter)
- USMLE or COMLEX transcript
- Photograph (optional, but recommended)
- Current ECFMG status report (for international medical graduates only).
Osteopathic applicants & match opportunities
All Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) residency programs use both matching systems. Some osteopathic applicants participate in one of the two systems, and others participate in both. If an osteopathic applicant participating in both match programs is matched through the NMS, which occurs prior to the NRMP, s/he will automatically be removed from participation in the NRMP match, as match results are binding for both the institution and the applicant.
International medical graduates
Before submitting an application, international medical school graduates are asked to review the eligibility criteria below for MCW residency programs.
- Graduates of medical schools outside of the United States must also fully meet the following requirements:
- Be a United States citizen, a lawful permanent USA resident with a resident alien permit or green card;
- Be Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certified, which documents the readiness of international medical graduates to enter US residency programs accredited by the ACGME by meeting specific medical education credential requirements and examination requirements; and
- Have a passing score on USMLE Step I and Step II exams within three attempts, and within the last five years.
International medical graduates must also provide a current ECFMG status report with their ERAS application.
Applicants must meet one of the following medical school graduation qualifications:
- Graduate of a medical school in the United States or Canada accredited by the Liaison Committee on Graduate Medical Education (LCME)
- Graduate of a college of osteopathic medicine in the United States accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- Graduate of a medical school outside of the United States who has completed a Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school
- Graduate of a medical school outside the United States or Canada who:
- Holds a currently valid certificate from the Educational Council on Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG),
- Has a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a United States licensing jurisdiction in which they are training
Interview selection preference
Interview selection preference will be given to applicants who:
- Passed USMLE Step I and Step II on their first attempt;
- Graduated from medical school within the last two years;
- Have at least 12 months of clinical experience in the United States or Canada (research or observerships do not satisfy this requirement);
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills; and/or
- Have an undergraduate or graduate degree from a school in the United States.
Interview travel reimbursement
The Wisconsin Academy of Family Physicians (WAFP) Passport Program provides funding support to fourth-year medical students who interview at four or more Family Medicine residency programs in Wisconsin. Early application is encouraged, as funds are granted on a first-come, first-serve basis.